Original 1227 Giant Outdoor Lamp with Wall Bracket
Our Original 1227™ Outdoor Giant wall mounted lamp has all the impact and unrivalled functionality of its floor-standing sibling, but with added flexibility, courtesy of a clever articulated arm. Our outdoor lamps come with marine-grade materials and, for the first time, IP rating to withstand different weather conditions like rain and wind.
Please note that our Giant lamps are built to order and have a lead time of up to 6 weeks.Read More
An Anglepoise is for life, and with each one comes our promise to keep your light in working order for a lifetime.
Originally commissioned by Roald Dahl Museum and Story Centre (in deference to the beloved Anglepoise® lamp that Dahl used in his writing hut), inspiration for the Original 1227™ Giant is part Carwardine, part fantasy.
- Gloss painted finish
- Aluminium fork block, bridle, arms, fork, spacers and shade
- Precision machined stainless steel components and adjuster wheels with etched branding
- IP65 rated waterproof casing for light source
- Silicone rubber covered cable
- Anglepoise® constant tension spring technology
- Shade diameter: 44cm
- Shade height: 47cm
- Max reach: 230cm (from wall to shade)
- Wall bracket (h x w): 22.5cm x 39cm
- Wall bracket back plate height: 45cm
- Cable length: 1000cm
When automotive engineer, George Carwardine chanced upon a formula for a new kind of spring, he had created the blueprint for a groundbreaking articulated task lamp that could combine ultimate flexibility with perfect stability. Two years later the Original 1227™ was born.