Free Delivery within 5 days & a Lifetime Guarantee.
Repair Service for Model 1227 (1938 to 1968)Guaranteed for life
For those of you concerned with electrical safety. This is a Repair Service for an Anglepoise Model 1227 product. Manufactured between 1938 -1968. It includes a personal service that will repair and rewire your product, ensuring its safety and many more years of faithful service.Read More
Please note that this is a Repair Service to ensure electrical safety and not a Restoration Service. Please allow 4 weeks for this custom service.
What is included in this Service:
· Lamp Collected by courier
· Initial safety inspection
· Removal of old wiring , plug and components ( as required )
· Rewiring with new braided cable
· New plug fitted
· New bulb holder fitted ( as required ) and New LED bulb supplied
· New switch fitted ( note an alternative to the original may be used)
· Mechanical non painted parts replaced as necessary (screws , washers , spacers etc)
· Base pad replaced ( if required )
· Lamp cleaned
· Lamp Electrically safety tested
· Lamp Returned by courier
What is excluded from this Service:
· Replacement of painted parts , (e.g. shade , arms, base )
· Refinishing / repairing of corroded or chipped paintwork
· Removal of any dents or scratches
· Renovation of existing electrical components
· Too many mechanical parts need replacing (this is a repair service not a restoration service)
· Type C desk lamps
Please note that this is a service for genuine Anglepoise customers reflecting our lifetime commitment to service. We have costed it as such and do not make a profit from this service.
Once you have ordered the service you will be asked for details and photographs of your product to ensure its eligibility. If it looks like we will be unable to meet your expectations, as the product may be in too bad a state to rewire. We will refund you the money.
If you are unsure whether your product is the right one for this service then please take a look at the product dating guide to assist you here
When automotive engineer, George Carwardine chanced upon a formula for a new kind of spring, he had created the blueprint for a groundbreaking articulated task lamp that could combine ultimate flexibility with perfect stability. Two years later the Original 1227™ was born.