Type 1228 Desk Lamp
Our Type 1228™ desk lamp will introduce a vibrant pop of colour into any interior space. Its attractive, flexible shade can be rotated to create a highly efficient work light, or tilted away to dispel a warm, ambient glow around the room.Read More
Designed by Sir Kenneth Grange in 2004, our Type 1228™ offers all the functionality of the traditional Anglepoise®, but with a more contemporary aesthetic and exceptional versatility.
Featuring Anglepoise® Constant Tension Spring Technology and that distinctive, hemispherical, twin layered shade, the collection includes an easily accessible, ergonomically designed switch in the top of the shade.
- Twin layer coloured polypropylene shade
- Brushed aluminium shade cap, switch cover and arms
- Chrome plated bridle and fittings
- Cast iron base with aluminium cover
- Anglepoise® constant tension spring technology
- Shade diameter: 17cm
- Shade height: 18cm
- Max reach: 66cm (from base to shade)
- Base diameter: 19.5cm
- Cable length: 200cm
Having previously identified the Anglepoise as his favourite design and a ‘minor miracle of balance’, Sir Kenneth Grange became Design Director of Anglepoise in 2003.