Repair Service for Model 1227 (1938 to 1968)
This electrical repair service will replace the electrical parts of your lamp (cable, plug, switch and lamp holder as required) and safety test your lamp before it is returned to you.
We’ve worked hard to ensure our Repair process is as simple as possible so your lamp can quickly be returned in full working condition and resume sitting in pride of place in your home or workspace.
1. Once you have placed your Repair Service order, our friendly Customer Support Team will contact you to request some pictures of your lamp. This is so that it can be assessed, and we can ensure it is eligible for the service.
2. If your lamp is eligible for the Repair Service, we will then organise for some bespoke packaging to be sent to your address. If for any reason your lamp is not eligible, we will let you know and refund you.
3. Once you have received the packaging and carefully boxed your lamp up, we will arrange for our courier to collect it from you on a suitable day. Please be aware that our Rewire Service will be slightly delayed during the Christmas period. Any orders placed from 20th November will have their lamps collected in the New Year.
4. We will then let you know when it arrives at our HQ and our Repair Team will start working their magic.
5. As soon as your lamp is rewired, and passes our electrical safety inspection, it will be returned to you.
Please allow up to 4 weeks for this custom service and please note that this is a Repair Service and not a Restoration Service. Please read below for all that is included and excluded from this service.
- Product Overview
- Delivery & Returns
- Warranty Registration
What is included in this Service:
- Bespoke packaging for transportation
- Collection of your lamp and delivery to Anglepoise HQ
- Initial safety inspection
- Removal of old wiring, plug and components (as required)
- Rewiring with new braided cable
- New plug fitted
- New bulb holder fitted (as required) and new LED bulb supplied
- New switch fitted (please note that an alternative to the original may be used)
- Mechanical non-painted parts replaced as necessary (screws, washers, spacers etc). If your lamp is missing a large amount of components, we may request an additional charge
- Lamp electrically safety tested
- Lamp returned by courier
What is excluded from this Service:
- Replacement of painted parts (e.g. shade, arms, base etc)
- Refinishing/repairing of corroded or chipped paintwork
- Removal of any dents or scratches
- Renovation of existing electrical components
- Replacement of springs
- We’re sorry but we cannot repair Type C desk lamps
Free delivery is standard and your order will arrive within 3 working days for UK online orders. (A working day is classed as Mon-Fri, Excluding Bank Holidays).
Orders placed after 2pm on Fridays and over the weekend will be processed on the following Monday. Deliveries are made on weekdays so you must provide a weekday contact mobile number, and delivery address where the package can be signed for.
Please note that orders for Giant lamps can take up to 6 weeks for delivery, as they are built to order.
Anglepoise lights now come with a lifetime guarantee (from 20.1.20) – all you need to do is register your details here and if you have any problems, please get in touch.
For any lights bought before 20th January 2020 in the UK, the warranty offered is 5 years.
We will always try to help where we can; our aim is to keep your light in full working order for a lifetime. Please register your product within 90 days of purchase and please note, we do expect your light to be used for normal domestic use.