Charity & Giving
Shining a light on causes close to our hearts.
In addition to raising money when we can, we believe giving our time to charitable causes is just a fundamentally a good thing to do. Everyone at Anglepoise has 1 day a year that they can use for volunteering and we encourage everyone to use this time as they see fit. We have colleagues who work in charity shops, support local schools, cover the phones at The Samaritans, work in animal charities and act as Trustees too.
Donations & Giving
Here’s what we’ve been up to in the last year…
- More than 500 hours of volunteering completed
- £3000 worth of raffle prizes given to a wide range of charities
- Over £1500 raised for The Portsmouth Foodbank through our ‘Pay It Forward’ initiative – if we send you a spare part for free, if you get a sample lamp for nada (e.g. if you are press) we ask that you make a financial goodwill gesture towards our local Food Bank. We even ask our team mates to share their pennies if they manage to get their hands on one of our office Bake Off cakes (there are some damn fine chefs in our midst).
- Pop up sale in Southsea – the last one raised £5000 for The Portsmouth Foodbank
- We are committed to supporting the National Trust as a licensee for three years (22/23 is year 2). In year 1 we gave the National Trust £15, 000; in year 2 we will give them £20,000 and next year this rises to £25,000. These are all minimum donations for each year of our collaboration.
- Every 90 Mini Mini or Giant lamp sold on our website in the UK or EU raises money for Roald Dahl’s Marvellous Childrens Charity. We pay RDMCC 15% of every sale.
Our collaboration helps the charity preserve their portfolio of mid-century British properties. The money we donate currently goes towards restoring The Homewood in Surrey.
Roald Dahl’s Marvellous Children’s charity
Roald Dahl’s Marvellous Children’s Charity offers specialised care and support for seriously ill children and their families. As Roald Dahl nurses have been called ‘beacons of light’, last year we pledged to offer a share of our light to them – 15% of UK and EU sales of our 90 Mini Mini collection. So far, we’ve raised over £7,500 to support their vital work.
The Portsmouth Foodbank
Throughout the year we raise money for the Portsmouth Foodbank. We hold monthly Bake-Offs in the office, as well as it being our chosen charity when asking customers to donate good-will gestures. In 2022 we held our second Pop-Up shop at The Hotwalls in Southesea. Selling ‘not quite perfect’ lamps (those with damaged boxes, slight imperfections or end-of-line items) at bargain prices with the aim of raising money. The total raised at the two day event was over £5000, the equivalent of 2097 meals.
University of Northumbria & New Designers
Giving back also means nurturing and supporting new talent. We are now regular sponsors of the graduate design showcase New Designers, a two week talent extravaganza! In 2022 we also launhced a uni project with the University of Northumbria, giving 3D design students a live brief with the results shown at New Designers.
Keep in touch
Join our mailing list to be the first to hear about new products, sales and launches!
"*" indicates required fields